The DIV started issuing plates with letters I, M, Q and W, starting with RVI:
- Issued series: RVI, RVK, RVL, RVM, RVN, RVP, RVQ, RVR, RVS, RVT, RVU, RVV, RVW, RVX, RVZ, RWA, RWB, RWC, RWD, RWE, RWF, RWG, RWH, RWI, RWJ, RWK, RWL, RWM, RWP, RWQ, RWR, RWS, RWT, RWU, RWV, RWW, RWX, RWY, RWZ, RXA, RXB, RXC, RXE, RXF, RXG, RXH, RXI, RXJ, RXK, RXL, RXM, RXN, RXP, RXQ, RXR, RXS, RXT, RXV, RXW, RXX, RXY, RXZ, RYA, RYB, RYC, RYD, RYE, RYF, RYG, RYH, RYI, RYJ, RYL, RYM, RYN, RYP, RYQ, RYR, RYS, RYT, RYU, RYV, RYW, RYX, RYY, RYZ, RZA, RZC, RZD, RZE, RZF, RZG, RZH, RZI, RZJ, RZK, RZL, RZM, RZN, RZP, RZQ, RZR, RZS, RZU, RZV, RZW, RZX, RZY, RZZ.
- Forbidden codes: none.
- Codes that should have been forbidden: RWF ('Rassemblement Wallonie France', a small Walloon party pleading for an annexion of Wallonia by France).
- Codes that can be read in a funny way: RYE.
- Total: (16 x 999) + (4 x 25 x 999) = 115,884 plates.
- Issued series: AAI, AAM, AAQ, AAW, ABI, ABM, ABQ, ABW, ACI, ACM, ACQ, ACW, ADI, ADM, ADQ, ADW, AEI, AEM, AEQ, AEW, AFI, AFM, AFQ, AFW, AGI, AGM, AGW, AGW, AHI, AHM, AHQ, AHW, AIA, AIB, AIC, AID, AIE, AIF, AIG, AIH, AII, AIJ, AIK, AIL, AIM, AIN, AIP, AIQ, AIR, AIS, AIT, AIU, AIV, AIW, AIX, AIY, AIZ, AJI, AJM, AJQ, AJW, AKI, AKM, AKQ, AKW, AKI, ALM, ALQ, ALW, AMA, AMB, AMC, AMD, AME, AMF, AMG, AMH, AMI, AMJ, AMK, AML, AMM, AMN, AMP, AMQ, AMR, AMS, AMT, AMU, AMV, AMW, AMX, AMY, AMZ, ANI, ANM, ANQ, ANW, API, APM, APQ, APW, AQA, AQB, AQC, AQD, AQE, AQF, AQG, AQH, AQI, AQJ, AQK, AQL, AQM, AQN, AQP, AQQ, AQR, AQS, AQT, AQU, AQV, AQW, AQX, AQY, AQZ, ARI, ARM, ARQ, ARW, ASI, ASM, ASQ, ASW, ATI, ATM, ATQ, ATW, AUI, AUM, AUQ, AUW, AVI, AVM, AVQ, AVW, AWA, AWB, AWC, AWD, AWE, AWF, AWG, AWH, AWI, AWJ, AWK, AWL, AWM, AWN, AWP, AWQ, AWR, AWS, AWT, AWU, AWV, AWW, AWX, AWY, AWZ, AXI, AXM, AXQ, AXW, AYI, AYM, AYQ, AYW, AZI, AZM, AZQ, AZW.
- Forbidden codes: none.
- Codes that can be read in a funny way: AIE ('aïe!' :: 'ow', interjection expressing pain in French), AIR, AME ('ame' :: 'soul' in French), AMI ('ami' :: 'friend' in French), AQV ('a cuvé' :: 'has drunk' in informal French), ARM ('arm' :: 'poor' in Dutch; 'arme' :: 'weapon' in French; 'arm' :: body part in English), AWE ('respect').
- Total: (21 x 4 x 999) + (4 x 25 x 999) = 183,816 plates.
Although the DIV was reintroducing the letter I, it was decided not to issue plates starting with I, probably in order to avoid a much confusion as possible with the (then) future code 12 plates that would start with '1' (e.g. 147-ART). However, anyone can ask for a vanity plate starting with I – which implies that all plates starting with the letter I are vanity plates.